iambookseater

Books Eater

It's All Things Bookish....

Because Life is short and there is so much to read, read fast!

Dreams

How much do you believe in dreams? I have always believed that our dreams are never random. They are our brain’s way of telling us things that we really need to know. It can be about ourselves, about others, about life, or any other thing. But it is important and I usually pay close attention to my dreams. And honestly, they do have a tendency of coming true every now and then.

Also there are times when reality so sad that dreams become our escape. As one of my favorite quotes goes;

“I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?” ~Ernest Hemingway

Interestingly enough my dreams are usually highly entertaining. They are complete stories with clear beginning, middle, and an ending. Sometimes they can be bizarre and disturbing too. I rarely have nightmares though. They’re always vivid and I find it intriguing how they have the ability to make me feel so many different emotions. Dreams can make you happy, sad, scared or any number of normal human emotions. Don’t they fascinate you?

There are different theories about dreams but no one knows for sure why we have them. Experts tend to have different opinions on the subject. Some say they’re nonsensical and have no purose whatsoever. I disagree with this assessment. Others say that dreams help us process our emotions, unconscious desires and fears and I agree with this whole heartedly. My dreams are often too obvious for me not to understand their purpose. Although, many a times I simply cannot understand them. They can be so farfetched and strange that it become impossible for me to interpret them in a way that will make any sense. In any case, I do love to dream and find dreams to be highly entertaining.

Dream by Fizza Younis

ivana-cajina-423117-unsplash

Monday Musings

Close your eyes and let your mind drift,

Sleep will come, dreams will follow.

It is painless to dream,

Let your woes be swallowed.

A way to escape the chaos,

As well as the worries of tomorrow.

Enter this new world, to imagine, to wander,

To escape and ponder.

There is heaven, there is hell, but…

As long as you can dream, all is well!

P.S. I keep a dream journal. I started it because dreams are easily forgotten and I just wanted to keep record of them. They are very useful when it comes to finding ideas for my stories. What are your thoughts on dreams? I’d love to hear your opinion on this. Thank you.

Source: http://iambookseater.wordpress.com/2018/12/24/why-do-we-have-dreams