iambookseater

Books Eater

It's All Things Bookish....

Because Life is short and there is so much to read, read fast!

Review of 'All My Life by Prescott Lane'

This book kept me up all night because once I started reading I just didn't want to put it down. It's a bitter-sweet story of love and loyalty. It's told from multiple points of views and is very well-written. It's funny, sad, romantic, and heartwarming all at the same time. It's a story of father-daughter love, love between friends, and romantic love all rolled up in one tale.

Mia is all grown-up and is looking forward to going off to college. However, his father's loneliness still weighs her down and she wants him to settle down with some nice lady. That's when this whole thing starts. She makes a speech and suddenly women are vying to be with Garrett. He hates it. Dating is simply not something he is good at. He has devoted all his life to Mia. Mis is the only woman who truly matters to him, no one comes before her and that is a big issue while he dates. So now that he has given up on happily-ever-after suddenly he finds himself rethinking it. Maybe the right woman is here somewhere and he just hasn't noticed her yet.
Devlyn loves Mia as much as she loves Garrett. Those two have been a big part of her life. They are both important to her and she simply can't lose them. That is why she gave up on her love. It just wasn't worth it. As long as she can be friends with Garrett and be in Mia's life she is happy. But then something changed, he changed, and now things are far more complicated than they should ever be. WIll she finally find her happiness or is she in for another heartbreak?
All the characters are great. I loved Mia, Garrett, and Devlyn. I enjoyed the story. I loved the small town setting. I loved pretty much everything about it. The only thing that I didn't like much was the unrealistic feel of it. I know that this is fiction but still it's difficult for me to digest the fact that someone can love you all their life without you loving them back. I don't think that anyone can do that. One sided love just doesn't last 30+ years (as Devlyn fell in love when they were both just kids). That's kind of hard to believe. I guess all is allowed in fiction though so who really cares. Also, let's not forget that she wasn't exactly waiting for Garrett to fall for her, she had actually moved on and was being a friend, she was still in love with him but wasn't looking for romance anymore. So, I think that's something. In any case, overall, it's a great read and I'd definitely recommend it to all sweet, sappy, romance lovers.
P.S. I received a complimentary copy of this book.