iambookseater

Books Eater

It's All Things Bookish....

Because Life is short and there is so much to read, read fast!

A Potion for Passion (Wanton in Wessex) by Elizabeth Keysian

This is a great historical fiction. It's well-written, has amazing, well-developed as well as interesting characters, and it's quite entertaining read. I enjoyed reading it and would recommend to all book lovers. It's definitely one of a kind book that kept me intrigued, especially because of the mysterious way Lawrence Campion acted from the start. I really loved his character.

Flora is tired of her interfering sister. She plans to leave town and start her life somewhere faraway so that her sister can no longer bother her. She is old enough to know that marriage is not in the cards for her any more. Now she just wants to love an independent life, where she can do whatever she loves to do and not have her every action questioned by her nosey sister and her spies. What she didn't count on is falling for Lawrence Campion, he is not the man she should trust but she can't help but feel drawn to him for some reason.

Lawrence goal is to earn enough money so that he can sail to America. There are things from her past that are still haunting him. Maybe if he went to America he will finally be free. Unfortunately, Flora is a complication he didn't anticipate. But he is willing to protect her at all costs. Also he can't help but feel attracted to this amazing woman. Still shackling himself with one woman is not at all his intention, no matter how beautiful the said woman is.

It's a well paced and interesting historical novel that anyone would enjoy. It's worth a read. I loved the story.
Source: http://mineofbooks.blogspot.com/2018/09/review-potion-for-passion-wanton-in.html