Books That Stay With You Forever

Sometimes it so happens, you read a book and your life is changed for good. It doesn't happen often, to some it may never happen, but o those lucky readers who have experienced it know just how exhilarating such experiences are. These books have a power to stay with the readers forever.

I've been reading since I was a kid. I don't remember a time in my life when I wasn't a reader. For me reading is not only the best way to pass time, but also it's my passion. All my life can be defined by the books I read. As I child I loved Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl. As a teenager my favorite books were Sweet Valley High Series and Fear Street Series.Those books used to keep me up all night. In my late teens I started reading classics and simply fell more in love with book. Jane Austen introduced me to the world of romance, while Agatha Christie's murder mysteries kept me hooked for a long, long time.

It is very difficult to say what makes a book exceptional. I think that every reader's experience is unique. No one ever reads the same book, or so the saying goes. Readers' personal experiences matter a lot. For example, the books that have stayed with me through the years include;

1. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie (I also never wanted to grow up so Peter's character was very close to my heart).

2. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (because she was lost and I could relate to her).

3. Matilda by Roald Dahl (because in my opinion that book was written about me).

4. Endless Night by Agatha Christie (it shows how misguided in our emotions we can be and how sometimes you do things you regret a lot, but still cannot do anything about it. Losing people through our own actions is a curse that we face from time to time in our lives, it may not be to the extend this story shows, however, it can be a painful experience and you even forgo the right to mourn your loss).

5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (its simplicity is its beauty).

6. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (I think this book is the perfect example of disappointments in life, how things are and how we perceive them are not always one and the same, and we must learn to live with everything life through at us).

There are a number of other stories which I can name here. but let's keep it short. From what I can see, one thing that these books have in common are very strong, well-developed, and relatable characters. Not every book has power to hold our attention for a long time. Most of the time we just read to pass time and then forget about the story afterwards. I'm not saying that those books are bad books, they have their purpose, but the best ones will never leave you, and so far I've only seen that quality in classics. I guess that's exactly what make them classics in the first place.

Source: http://www.bloglovin.com/@bookseater/books-that-stay-with-you-forever